In order to get the most out of your employee program, you will need to track the performance of your trainees, and in order to do that, you will need the help of employee training tracking software.
A training tracking software is a tool for optimizing your organization’s employee performance improvement plan. It can tell you how much your company is spending on training, and whether or not the training results match operational expectations. So if you would like to know more about the benefits of these kinds of software then here’s some information to help you get started.
How Does Employee Training Tracking Software Work?
The best way to understand how employee training tracking software works is by looking at its features. These features usually include the following:
– Track training records all over the company
– Track the individual training status of each personnel
– Assign required training to each personnel based on their job function
– Require retraining for different personnel based on calendar time or course version
– Track training attendance, cancellation and completions
– Schedule course sessions
– Record training hours as well as assessment scores for groups and individual trainees
– Print status reports and employee training plans
– Track your company’s overall training expenses
– Save files and documents associated with the training program
– Manage the personnel data of your trainees
– Audit trail reports for tracking data changes
– Send out course session reminders to the appropriate personnel via email
The features mentioned here are among the common characteristics of most employee training tracking software, so you can expect additional features from more advanced programs.
The challenging part, however, is integrating all of these features with your company’s overall training strategy. Therefore, before you buy a training tracking software, make sure that it has the right features for meeting your company’s employee development goals.
The Value of Training Tracking Software to Your Company
The value of any employee training software (and not just those which track trainee performance) is ultimately determined by how well your organization interprets the data it gathers. To do this, it’s important to have some proper perspective on how training is conducted in most organizations.
For example, according to the Association for Talent Development, companies spend around $1,208 per employee on personnel training and development. Likewise, they also estimate that employees spend around 31.5 hours for training. With the help of these figures, you can use your training tracking software to analyze if your spending more or less money on your training program compared to the general average. Likewise, you can also use your tracking software to see if your trainees are spending more or less time for training than most other companies.
By analyzing this data and comparing them to the general average, you will be able to determine if you’re spending too much or too little time and resources on your training programs. Likewise, you will also be able to use the software to compare the results of your training program with the training output of other companies. This way, you will be able to ensure that your organization is getting the best value from its employee training tracking software.